Tuesday, November 8, 2016

New board by John Purnell

" Hi Grant ,
hope this E finds you well, I’ve sent a few pics of one of the 2 boards I’ve just finished, “The Key” I made it for a long time surf buddy’s 50th Bday,   8’1” x 21” x 3”  single,  6mm thick steamed Paulownia strips over ESP blank shaped by Dave Reeves Ocean Shapes in Newcastle."
 "The blank is "blue foam" from Dion/Bennett, the 3 stringer lines are Australian Red Cedar with the rail band pin lines Western Red Cedar,  Australian White Cedar nose tip."
"And a custom John Devereux fin. A tung oil finish with my special bees wax/lanolin polish. It tips the scales at 6kg.


"I'm very happy with the results although there’s always a few things to improve on,
cheers,  John"

John builds a nice board and I am sure his long time friend will be very happy with his gift. That's what mates are for, share the stoke of surfing something different made with love and soul. Nice one John and thanks for sharing.


No comments: