Saturday, March 19, 2016

Jason Pirrone from Northern Italy

"I got interested in wooden and hollow boards in the wake of Clark Foam closure, as many others.
Being a joiner and carpenter/craftman it was a short step to try and experience building my own, starting from the informations gathered online and "real life" foam boards for dimensions and shapes.
After a few experiments I started building boards without central stringer using molds built for this purpose.

Every board is a challenge and I like the feeling of playing and sometimes fighting with wood, in the end satisfaction will be your payback and you'll always learn something new.

At the end of the day I feel happy with my boards, of not being mainstream, and to belong to a community of people not too much impressed by pro/X/Y/Z/extreme/20fin/7concave/computergenerated boards, but, put simply, boards made with sweat and love."

If you would like to have a look at my work you can at

https://www.facebook.com/dharmanaut




Thanks Jason for sharing your passion and great workmanship.

No comments: